2015年1月27日火曜日

BR-2 10 Snow white and the seven dwarfs


Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of us all?

This story was slightly different from what I had imagined. I do not know only of Disney movie Snow White, and I performed vague recollection of contents. So I was shocked to read this book. There are two parts which I was surprised at. The first is the opening section. ‘As she watched the feathery snowflakes fall, her needle slipped. Three drops of ruby-red blood fell onto the snow. The Queen sighed, “I wish I had a child,” she said, “with skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood and hair as black as ebony wood.” While Queen drips blood in snow, a wish is called it. I was surprised that there are cruel scenes even though fairy tale for children.
The second part is the middle part. It is a scene to come over to so that a stepmother will kill Snow White. ‘She looped the belt around Snow White’s waist and pulled in tight… tighter and tighter… The woman kept pulling until Snow White collapsed.’ A stepmother strangles a princess to death with a belt. Besides, she tightens her waist. I thought of her coming to kill a princess only once. However, she came three times. This book was a shock a lot for me.
This story begins when Snow White father remarried. She asked to magic mirror, "The most beautiful in the world who?" The mirror replied, “You are.” She was satisfied with the answer, but the years have passed mirrors answer changed. Snow White escapes the castle will likely to be killed by the hunter. Dwarfs will appear in this story as there is also the title. She fled to Dwarfs the house. Dwarfs are very cute. They moderate a some cruel scene. I think that this book is worth reading once.

The Brothers Grimm(2005) ; London : Usborne



309/8283

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿