2014年10月20日月曜日

my yearbook in America

I wrote yearbook in the United States.


I was able to get a precious experience by this homestay. My biggest surprise is that everyone is very friendly. When passing by me, they greet or are smiling. In Japan, this does not happen. When I went to the restaurant, waiter asks whether the dish is delicious. It is common occurrence. Going to the Saint Paul Cathedral and Minnesota State Capital was most enjoyable for me. It was a very beautiful place there. I wished to be there longer time.
                   My most interesting lecture is Law Enforcement in America. A policeman called Matthew Kennett came to talk on that day. He showed the police car and tools. He has not shot a gun at people. I think this place is peace. I want to continue to study English when I return to Japan. Now I’m in America so I can understand English. I think that my command of English skill will go down if there is not an opportunity to listen after returning.
                   I came here and realized a lack in English skill. Until I come to America I thought that communication could probably be taken even if I’m not good at English. And I could have a conversation by “simple word.”  However it’s not enough. Host family talks slowly because they know I’m Japanese. Americans’ conversation is too fast to understand. So I need to study English more.
                   Coming to the United States what I appreciated most is that host family accepted me. The life here is very pleasant and I like it because I had a good host family. I was full of uneasiness at first. I am not so talkative. I didn’t talk too much, so possibly my host family may have been made to feel uneasy. Also I worried about meals. I don’t eat much. I think that American eats very much, but actually they are average. I also appreciate having made various things to eat. I ate many kinds of food, such as meat, a fish, pizza, sushi, a hamburger, curry and home cooking of Minnesota. It was all delicious. Especially I liked pizza, so I was glad to have eaten a lot of it.
                   My most enjoyable moments are watching TV with my host family. I like drama of a criminal thing. I and host mother like the common drama a “criminal mind,” so we watched together several times. However, I can’t understand the content. It’s very fast. I attach subtitles but it does not catch up with the speed to read at first. But now, I can understand about half of the content.
                   My experience was impacted by going to South Dakota. It took 10 hours from here to there. We had a fun time going to Rushmore and the Badlands, but there was difficult. It is the first experience to have gone into a car for such a long time. I was able to live a realistic American life because it was a homestay. I’m very grateful to be able to experience a lot in a short period of one month. Thank you.          



528/3702

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿