2014年10月20日月曜日

my mail

I sent a e-mail for my host mother first on June 14.

Hello,Ms. Veronica
              My name is Arisa. I’m nineteen years old now. My birthday is in October. There are four people in my family, my father, my mother, my older sister and me. My father is working in the company of Electrical. My mother's job to teach a child to study. My sister is twenty two years old now. She is a Child minder. How many people are in your family? I'm thinking I want to get along with your family. Do you have any pets? I like animals. I like dogs, but I also like cats, but my mother hates animals so we have no pets in my house.
              My hobby is to watch movies and drawing pictures. I am not so good at movement. This is not the first time that it goes abroad. I have studied abroad once when I was a high school student. I went to Australia. Do you know Cohuna of Australia? Although that was in the country, it was very good place. I had a home stay for seven days. This is a home stay for a month this time. I am looking forward to staying abroad for a long time because it is the first time for a long home stay. I am shy so I may seldom be unable to talk at first. 


And from Veronica
Dear Arisa,

It is so good to meet you. I am looking forward to having you come and stay with me. My immediate family is very small, it is just me and my dog Jenny. My parents are retired (finished working) and they live in Oregon on the west coast of the United States. I have a brother who lives in Kentucky, who is married and has 3 sons (all in their twenties) and two grandchildren. I don't see them very often as it is an a trip I have to make by airplane, it is two days drive to Kentucky and 3 days to Oregon.  I have a dog named Jenny, she loves it when we have visitors. She especially loves to come downstairs with me and wake up my exchange students when I bring them their cup of tea in the morning!
I live on the Northside of Minneapolis in a suburb called Champlin. I have another friend named Kim Iaquinto who will also have a student from Kumamoto, so you should ask among your friends and see if any of them are staying with her. We will probably do things together. I live in a house with a big yard (for Jenny) in a very safe neighborhood. We have a couple of parks nearby and a big dog park where dogs are allowed to fun free. Jenny loves that too!
I work for General Mills, we make food, and in fact we make Haagen Dazs Ice Cream for the international market including Japan. We also make soups, yogurt, mixes for cakes, cookies and brownies, Cereal (our most famous is Cheerios) and snacks. My job is to help the food scientists to make product that people will like so I taste products and test them with people. my title is Sensory Scientist. Right now I am working with the Yoplait Yogurt team and Haagen Dazs.
I also like to watch movies and take photos and scrapbook, but my life has been so busy that I haven't done much scrapbooking recently. I don't move well either, but I am trying to learn Zumba, because I really need to lose weight. so hopefully you won't laugh at me. I am also trying Yoga again.
Tell me some of the foods that you like, I am a pretty good cook and I can make a wide variety of foods. I can even make Oyakodon for you if you get really homesick and we have a new sushi restaurant that has opened up here recently.
Please tell your mother that I will take very good care of you while you stay with me and don't worry about being shy, it will just be you and I most of the evenings and the homework that you have every night will give us things to talk about to start and then I am sure that we will find other things to talk about after that.
Let me know if there are any words or phrases in this not that you don't understand also what you like to eat and most importantly what you don't like!

I am looking forward to seeing you in July!!!!

She is very kind woman.



238/3407


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿